Thursday, October 06, 2005

Carrying on with Life

What is already done, is done. 生米已煮成熟饭 There is really no point crying over spilled milk. When I came up with contingency plans in the past for those worst-case scenarios, I would never imagine that I would ever need it. However, I had better start planning. I have slightly more than 1 week before the results of the promos are out. By then I will be too numb to think straight. Actually, most of the stuff is already in placed. It is just the human factor left. I can’t just throw the job at others and hope they will learn the ropes themselves. Fret not, this nominations should be able to go through smoothly, I am definitely not going to allow others to dictate things which is under my charge.

I never regret the choice to sacrifice my time for other stuff. Academic will always cross my mind but it is just not the top priority in my life. I am not being noble or anything, but I really enjoy my job. It is something which I can ponder hours over it, yet, I will not be sick of it. Whatever is the outcome, so be it. I always believe 命运在等待. Today is the day. The day I will try to find and understand myself. I believe I can do it. With just one week a lot can be achieved. I will miss a lot of people if any one of the worst case scenario happens, but… life still has to go on. I have to be strong, be the pillar of strength for others too…